#5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 14:53
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 305/240/165 Female 66
BF:55%/45%/20%
Progress: 46%
Cool

My face was always combination/oily, so I've actually seen something of an improvement in terms of acne. I am slightly oilier, but it looks better overall. I know I've read somewhere that especially during induction and through continued fat burning you are releasing all the hormones stored in your fat, which especially for women, can affect your acne/skin problems.

I also recommend the Persagel for existing acne (I use it at night because it smells very odd to me), and also Clearasil Acne Fighting Facial Moisturizer (Dual Action) for salicylic acid/pore-cleaning. (Don't bother with anything else from the clearasil line). This stuff does have mineral oil in it, so try it on a day when you don't care if your face gets oily to see if it will overpower you.

Oddly enough, it seems that the more harshly I cleanse my face, the more oil it produces. If I just wash with my body wash (which has olive oil in it) and use the Clearasil, I don't break out and don't go all oil-slick either.

Okay, finally, a little interesting tip. If you need to go out and need your face to not be shiny (say you have a job interview etc.) try putting plain old Milk of Magnesia on your face (a very tiny amount, just dip your finger in then spread it around well) in the oily areas, let it dry, then rinse it off with plain water. Makes your skin feel very strange afterwards, and I make no guarantees as to whether or not you'll break out afterwards (though I haven't), but it will work.