View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 11:22

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 203.5/183/135
BF:47%/41%/17%
Progress: 30%
Lightbulb Eating disorders and LC

I've been bulimic for over twenty years, and LC is the first WOE that has actually helped reduce my bingeing/purging. However, I "fell off the wagon" a couple of weekends ago, and while I've still mostly been sticking to LC, I've been bingeing/purging too much again. I plan to start induction again on Monday - I've found that when I'm being very strict about sticking to a pure LC regimen, I simply do not binge and purge at all...which is amazing! Nothing else in twenty years has allowed me to control my bulimia so successfully!

These last couple weeks have only served to confirm what I already knew...I must stay away from carbs in order to reduce my eating-disordered behavior. This has got me wondering about others out there who may be in the same situation as I am. I'm wondering if anyone else out there is struggling with the same issues - whether it be anorexia, bulimia, or compulsive eating - and has found LC to be a good way to combat the eating disorder demons.

Perhaps it would help us to start a thread, or even a separate support forum, for us to discuss these issues? I would love to get in touch with others out there like me, who are finally finding a way to find peace with food through LC.

What do you think?
Sponsored Links