View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 07:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/257/150
BF:
Progress: 29%

Thanks Lisa, that makes sense! I've recently begun working out (weights/cardio) and I'm noticing that I get hungry more often than I used to, so I am eating a bit more. I'm also trying to eat more foods that my body will burn fast, like veggies/berries, etc. I think what someone said about metabolism is the key for me. I've led a very sedentary life for the past 10 years or so, and I know I've messed up my metabolism badly from all my bingeing/fad dieting in the past.

I'm also noticing that while in ketosis, my hunger signals themselves have changed. Before LC, I would get ravenous, shaky, nauseous and lightheaded and nearly pass out if I didn't eat something every two hours. Now I can go 5 or 6 hours without eating, like you said, and I don't get that hollow gut feeling. I do still get the shaky, lightheaded feeling though, so I try to eat something every few hours to prevent that from happening. By my statements above, I just meant that I'm not forcing myself to eat a certain number of calories every day because it's "the norm". If my experiences have taught me anything over the years, I'm as far from normal as one can get!