View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 16:59

Plan: Started Atkins 3/17/03 now CKD
Stats: 145/113/115 Female 65
BF:54%/21%/18%
Progress: 107%

Good to hear that the headaches 'should' be temporary!

After reading the posts, I think I will try the Atkins shakes. My reasoning for wanting to do a shake now (and not waiting till after induction), is I'm running out of food, and I know from the past that shakes fill me up. And being a mom of a newborn and a 30 mth old, grabbing a shake is just SO much easier. But I think I will limit it to just one per day during induction, having it first thing in the morning and pushing my breakfast (where I have bacon and eggs) up to like 11am when my 30 mth old is in preschool.

By the way, how long should induction last? I've read 14 days, but I've seen posts here that indicate much longer.

Amy-Lynne, let me know how the Vanilla tasted and thanks for the explanation on the net carb thing!! definitely was helpful. I'm in the process of reading Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution, but it's going slow because of the kids. When I have free time, all I want is a nap. I'm not BFing anymore (stopped saturday), but my we little one still likes waking ever 2-3 hours to be fed. But I have noticed since starting Atkins I have more energy. Thank God.

As for supplements, how do I get Atkins Basic #3, and info about it? While I was pregnant, the dr's had me take a Calcium Magnesium supplement, but it had zinc in it. Is that OK to take, or should I go out and get one that just has Calcium Magnesium?

I currently take High Lignan flax seed oil twice a day with my salad (lunch and dinner). I mix it with vinegar.

I'm also thinking of taking L-Carnitine before Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, what do you think?

Amy-Lynne, you mentioned drink tons of water (which I'm trying to do, but NEED to work on it for sure), and eat those veggies. What veggies do you suggest? and how much per day. I thought I remember reading only 1 cup of veggies per day during induction, is this true??

Another question I have is I have never gone over 20g carbs, quite the contrary, I'm finding it dificult to eat even 10g of carbs. I'm pretty good when I put my mind to something, so cutting out the carbs wasn't that hard for me. Is this OK? or do I need to be eating close to 20g a day??

I guess what I'm asking is, could you all list suggestions for healthy low carbs, as this is all new to me.

Thanks again for all the responses. You and this board are really helpful!!

Jo
Mom to 2 girs, who wants to lose the weight gained during pregnancy, and get my body back, as we are FINISHED reproducing!!! LOL