View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 15:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/211/165
BF:
Progress: 49%

I think I'm qualified to put in my two cents...I've been on this woe for 18 months now...I tweek it, I count calories, I try to make the diet fit me so I can stay on it...it has worked I'm down 50 lbs and still going...I think this is a matter of respecting that not everybody is cut from the same cloth. I admire people that stray from the straight and narrow, I actually come here looking for different takes on this diet (it does get old after a while)

I say thumbs up to the newbies and oldies that are creative enough to make this woe something that they can stick with. After all the time I've been on this diet I would think that I would have lost far more than I have, I'm somewhat dissapointed that I have not. Since coming here I find that I'm not the only one (actually before coming here I had no idea how little I have been losing) I have to watch my calories because I'm not one of those people that can eat 2200 calories and still lose, no matter what plan I'm on...since I've come here I've been told to cut back on my protein, it is too high, and I keep my carbs under 20...but does that make me any less an Atkins dieter than anybody else here...nope...just different.

The wonderful thing about America is that we can all be different and feel safe about being so...newbies please don't let this discourage you...keep on keeping on.

Gail