View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 14:12

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

The headache was either carb or caffeine withdrawl, & you'll be rid of them completely in a couple days. The shakes are OK while Induction, and just must be counted in your daily carb count. Atkins shakes are higher in fat & lower in protein. I know it sounds strange but while on this diet fat is good, in fact it should be where you get most of your calories. I don't see a problem with the other shakes as long as they're low in carbs. If you're leary of switching, you can try the Atkin's in single can shake form. This is how I tried them for flavor before buying a 4-pack of a flavor. Thus far I've tried the Chocolate (1g net carb) and Strawberry (2g net carb) and found them both to be fine, even good as far as shakes go. I have a can of Vanilla (1g net carb) in the fridge to try for supper tonight. In case you're unsure of the whole net carb thing, net carbs=total carbs-fiber & sugar alcohols. Sugar alcohols are only found in the processed low carb items, such as shakes, bars, & candies. For supplements take a good multi-vitamin like Atkins Basic #3 or equivalent, and a calcium magnesium supplement. As a woman & mother you need all the calcium you can get, plus it's been proven to aid in weight loss. If you encounter a constipation problem, some do some don't, add fiber in the form of psyllium husks- look for one without added sugar; I take Metamucil Pills-no sugar, and to me more pallatable than a powder. Any other supplements would be your choice, I take others but I won't bore you or confuse you with them. Congratulations on making a commitment to be healthier, and welcome. We're all here to help one another. Make sure you drink tons of water & eat those veggies. Good luck.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne