View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 21:41

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
I am going to make this body of mine lose weight if I have to kill myself to do it, I swear. (fuming and ranting here...)

Well...you'd definitely lose weight if you were dead, but somehow I think you really want to be around to enjoy that new slim you.

Leora...your calories are way too low to support even your basic metabolic needs and your body is putting on the brakes because it senses that you are starving and it doesn't want you to die. What I recommend for a minimum number of calories daily to prevent this from happening (starvation mode, that is, not death) is 10-12x your goal weight, assuming that your goal weight is a reasonable one and never go below 1,200 calories a day. A few days at lower calorie levels or a day here and there aren't something to worry about, but when it becomes an ongoing pattern, you really need to make a conscious effort to keep your calories up above starvation level.
How do you add more calories without increasing carbs too much? Fat! Add butter to your veggies, use real mayonnaise and full fat salad dressings. Cook your eggs and meat in butter or olive oil.
Once your body trusts that you're not starving, it will start letting go of the fat again, so be patient and break out the butter.