View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 16:34

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I understand your anger, JF3, but since most doctors have very little training in nutrition, they have to rely on what the "experts" have to say on the matter. Unfortuantely, the "experts" have been misled as badly as the rest of us and have a great deal of professional credibility on the line if they admit that they were wrong.
What truly makes me angry is those that refuse to change their thinking even in light of the failure of the low fat recommendations over the past 20+ years and the new studies showing that low carb is not the equivalent of dietary satanism, although you'd certainly think it was to listen to how some of the opponents of low carb go on about it.
The fact that those who make a living off high carb foods are scrambling to protect their interests doesn't really suprise me or even really anger me; I don't have to buy their products if I choose not to, but the fact that the scientific establishment would worry more about saving face than saving lives and continue to recommend that which is being shown to make people sicker instead of healthier makes me livid.