View Single Post
  #71   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 16:07

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

Hey ouch! Really do wish I had a magic wand - or at least some clear answers for you! I know what you mean, there are things I miss - or maybe I just miss the texture or aroma or something. Honestly, I try to not think a lot about things I no longer eat that I really enjoyed and just focus on what I'm eating now that I like.

Have you checked out the thread for slow losers? (Is it called "Tortoise"?) I'm pretty sure there's one here. Also, have you ever had your thyroid checked? There's surely got to be something happening that you're not seeing results! Just wish I knew more or was qualified to say it's gotta be this or that... but I can't do that.

I really do believe, however, that if you went back to the old way of eating that you would regain what you've lost - and possibly more! It's just like any other program that you treat as a diet - the minute you go off of it you regain what you've lost and more. Or at least that's how it's always worked for me. That was the biggest reason I decided to follow this plan and truly make it a WOL. I know if I go back I'll end up worse than before - and there's been times in my life when I was a heck of a lot heavier than anything that shows here!

But, OTOH, if you could limit it to one meal or one day max, maybe it would shake things up to eat as the Eades would say "from the honey tree" - indulge in one thing and then get back into Atkins immediately after. Don't know if it works, just a thought!

Hang in there - I just know one of these days there's going to be a big post from you shouting 'success'!