View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 15:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 269/243/200 Male 6' 00"
BF:39%/32%/25%
Progress: 38%
Exclamation Do you know what makes me angry?

It bothers me when I hear uninformed individuals make blanket negative statements about Atkins, without a single bit of research. I understand that it is human nature to resist change. At the least, however, they need to open their minds long enough to truly understand the approach before jumping on the soapbox.

I first became convinced that the Atkins Diet was the right approach when I read user reviews for Dr. Atkins's New Diet Revolution on Amazon.com. For every 10 reviews, a vast majority were overwhelmingly positive and contained information on the scientific principles backing Dr. Atkins's claims. Most negative claims came from 'Anonomous Reader(s)' who never read the book or understood what this diet is about.

After reading the book, it's very clear to me that the diet makes sense. Right now, it is working for me--and I have faith that it will continue to do so.

Enough about sabotage by individuals... Now, I'll tell you what I'm really angry about. I'm angry that this diet has gone relatively unnoticed until recently. How many individuals have died over these thirty years attempting low-fat yo-yo diet fads? Where has the medical community been? Where has morality been?

All I perceive is a room full of white-coat doctor$ scoffing at what may be the answer to hundreds of thousands of lives.

All I perceive is a room full of suits working for the grain industry and the $ugar industry thinking of ways to prevent Atkins from becoming a revolution.

All I perceive is non-profit group$ doing their best to protect their interests as well.

Damn right I should be angry. My father died of heart disease and stroke, my mother has diabetes. I am fortunate enough to say that I have found Atkins at age 25. This will save me, but what of the others that are so blind?

This isn't just a revolution, it's a wake-up call. Lives are at stake--including those of our children, and we must do everything we can to make sure that we are the voices of this revolution.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links