View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 11:55

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

I hate to tell you this, but you should know brie does have carbs- just less than 1g per oz, heavy cream has carbs .8g per tbsp, coffee has carbs (decaf or not) 1g per 6oz cup. A pear alone has 25g of carbs each (21g net carbs). So any way you look at it you're way over the Induction limit of 20g. Fruit isn't allowed at all, but if you aren't willing to give it up all together at least go for the lower carb ones such as berries- strawberries have only 10g per cup. Sugar free jello would be a good alternative. An Atkins Advantage Bar could also serve as a sweet treat with 2g of net carbs. Try using the supplement L-glutamine to curb sweet cravings, 500mg prior to each meal. You're cravings will not decrease by not following the program. You're setting yourself up for failure. Induction is only 2 weeks, surely you can go for 2 weeks without giving in. After Induction you can add berries, low carb candys, many recipes, etc... Now's the time to break old bad habits and get carbs from veggies, not sugary fruits. A cookie or ice cream has less carbs than a pear, & you know they're not good for you, so... If you truly want success, you must show commitment. I don't want to offend, or hurt your feelings, but you're dooming yourself by not truly commiting to the low carb plan. In one sitting of a pear, you're maxing yourself out. I hope you'll reconsider your current plan. No matter what you decide, I wish you luck.
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne