#10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 08:20
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Digwig

Hope your Dad is feeling better. Does he smoke? I was having palpitations before I quit smoking - I had to go to emergency once and they did a cardiogram that showed some abnormality, that started a whole series of tests including an ultrasound of the heart and wearing a halter monitor for 24 hrs. In the end they found nothing physically wrong with my heart but the readings of the monitor still showed an abnormality - in the end the decision was that I was producing too much adrenalin - and that anxiety and panic attacks were the cause of these palpitations and that smoking was aggravating the problem. I have since quit smoking and the palpitations have ceased. I disagreed with them that I was overly anxious so maybe the adrenalin thing was just a wrong diagnosis by the Docs as there was no test to find out adrenalin readings.

The thing is they told me that even though the heartbeat was abnormal it was not in anyway lifethreatening. They prescriped a very mild tranquilizer to be put under the tongue when these palpitations occured (not nitro pills)

Hopefully it is something similar your dad is having.