View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-20-03, 08:18

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

I am personally not familar with that brand of cereal. Is it an Atkins product? I would look at the total nutrition panel to decide if I were you. I know Flax is very good for us and it sounds low carb.

As to cream from what I have observed about humans is that we can easily get out of balance on things, so I suppose there are some who could do that and may need to use moderation. I have found that the appetite for fats is usually self-limiting though(as I believe the Dr. discusses--we have our fill at reasonable amounts and do not desire more -- differing from carbohydrates that most can easily overconsume.

In the TSP cookbook in the index under the word cream there is a page and 1/2 of recipes containing it -- so I would think daily consumption would be ok. Of course the serving size usually is 1/4 c or less in the total recipe. On pg. 7 of that book under 'A Few Other Helpful Tips' it says "Be sure to check cream containers so that you buy "all dairy" cream. Avoid using cream or any other product containing chemical additives."

If feel you fall into one of the catagories in TSPII feeling you need to watch your saturated fat levels, of course the amount you use of cream would have to be observed.