Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%
Default Re: thank you for your reply

Quote:
Originally posted by margarita1

Can you understand my concerns ? I would like to know what you are taking.

Thanks for your opinion.

Of course I understand! Medications can be tricky thing, especially if you are sensitive to them. You might want to spend some time on that web site-there is a lot of information there on different meds and alternatives. There is also a message board on weight loss and thyroid. Lots of information there as well.

I am on Levoxyl which is a synthroid. I don't suffer from a lot of side effects from meds, though-so that might not be a good option for you. I would have a harder time taking something like Armour-I am a vegetarian and from what I understand Armour is made from pigs. I do know that a lot of American doctors don't like to prescribe Armour-I am not sure why. I just remember seeing a lot of people on the message board over at the thyroid site complaining their docs don't want to go with Armour. If you can arm yourself with as much information as possible about the benefits of taking a more natural thyroid replacement and point out your history of problems with synthetic meds, you might be able to convince him/her.

Keep me posted on what you find out and what you decide to do. I don't think you can get Armour without a prescription (can you?) so you will probably have to get a doc on your side.