View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 12:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/189/155 Male 5' 8"
BF:27
Progress: 41%

Yeah, I used to live in the Seattle area and would get the Taco Time taco salad. It sure was good, but now I'm down here in SoCal and Taco Time is no where to be found.

I did check out the double cheese burgers at Burger King. They are going for $0.99 each right now. Never been a huge fan of BK but these burgers were actually really tasty without the bun. And you can get 2 or 3 of them and really fill up.

BK also has a great chicken salad, where the chicken is actually freshly made and hot, unlike Wendy's and McDonalds who had theirs already packaged and the chicken is cold, YUCK!!! With a touch of ranch dressing and tossing the croutons its pretty low carb.

I'm going to be e-mailing the other fast food places to see if I can get nutritional information on individual ingredients

For example, occasionally I would go to Taco Bell and get a bunch of their 2 for $0.99 tacos. Then I would just eat the meat, cheese and lettuce out of them. However I noticed that I was stalling when I did that. That got me thinking that their taco meat is loaded with carbs. Unfortunately, like most fast food places, Taco Bell's site is not exactly filled with nutritional info and the people working there have no clue.

I'll post what ever I get back from them here. I'm also planning on sending similar e-mails to other fast food places to see if they will list the carb count on individual ingredients.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no longer a fast food fiend, and I try to cook up my own food when possible. But it can be tough sometimes when friends and family want to go grab something to eat at a fast food place. It would be great to know for sure the carb counts on these items so us LC'ers have options and know for sure what we're eating is not going to wreck our WOE.