View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 11:17
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Reese, I agree with Angela. Everyone is different. I don't believe in one plan for all even when it comes to LC. What is good for one is terrible for another. I think people do best when they do a little tweaking and experimenting. If you find that 75-90% fat is what works, then you go with it, as long as you are eating nutritiously (getting most of your carbs from veggies and eating good quality protein). You'll have to be very carefully about getting enough veggies, though. Even with protein, people are very individual. Some will stall at higher amounts (especially when they are short women b/c their requirements aren't as high).

A fat fast is a high fat diet with low calories and I think that's more applicable to people with more to lose. Let's face it, a 250 lb person eating 1,000 calories is a lot different than a 122 lb person eating 1,000 calories. A 250 lb person requires more calories, which is why cutting calories to 1,000 per day is more dangerous. It's not the fat level that's dangerous. But 1,000 calories isn't too far off your 10X body weight level. I just don't think that Dr. Atkins' idea of a fat fast really applies to you. Just my opinion since the good doctor's never addressed the "weight" issue with the fat fast.

If you go to Dr. Atkins' site, he has some good information about weaning down from a fat fast to find the best level that works for you. I'll dig up the link if you can't find it.

Good luck,
Wanda