View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 08:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 125/122/110
BF:
Progress: 20%

Really glad to see this thread. I thought about starting something like this in the turtles' section. I'm sort of new to this so I hope my idea isn't too uninteresting but heres my situation:
I have been doing induction for almost a month now and have succeeded in losing 3 lbs. Last week when my loss was still ~ 2lbs, I decided to try the fatfast for 3 days. I did and lost 3 more lbs. When I went back on induction I gained back 2 of those pounds back but what this experiment told me is that high fat/low cal works for me. So, I went out and purchased some high fat items (beef chuck, pate, etc). The thing is, when I post my menu, I keep catching flack for having too much fat in my menu. Well, I've already bought all this food so I need to eat it- hence my experiment on high fat/ low(er) cal. Specifically, I want to try to keep my fat ~ 75-90% and my calories between 1200-1500 (I think 1500 is more realistic since I work out)....BTW and maybe someone can explain this- it was my understanding of the Atkins Plan, in particular the fatfast section, that if you are metabolically resistant and fatfast works for you "maybe any change in that direction" will work well. Did I misunderstand???
Anyway, I will keep you posted on what happens. Thanks for providing the opportunity to share experiments- I can't wait to read what other people try!