View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 18:09

Plan: Zone
Stats: 151/144/135 Female 5'9"
BF:19
Progress: 44%

Quote:
NOw from what i read on Zone. Got the one called WEEK in the Zone. your carbs i thought were like 40. and Calaries 1200.

The Zone is a what they call a 30-40-30 plan. That is 30% Protein, 40% Carbs and 30% Fat from your total calories each day.

Each meal must work out to be a perfect 30-40-30 ratio. Calories do not mean much in the Zone. It's all about figuring out how many Zone blocks per day to eat then making sure you have your allotted amount of blocks each day. An easy assesment and not to mention free is by going to zoneperfect.com and using their calculator to calculate your blocks per day.

Quote:
I wonder if i should do both atkins and Zone together to help wt. lose??

Atkins and Zone are 2 different diets. Many of Dr. Sears critics call the Zone a low carb diet but this isn't so. They have just never read his book.

Quote:
zone close to bodyfor life??

Sort of...BFL is based on a 40-40-20 plan. That is 40% Carb, 40% protein and 20% fat. So it's not that far off.

Quote:
what do u think on fats

Fat is a wonderful thing! Not only that, fat does not spike your insulin so it is impossible to make you fat if taken in the proper amounts/ratio.

I think if you start off w/ the Zone book you have, then move on to his other volumes. Also search through these sites you will get a ton of info: www.zoneperfect.com and www.drsears.com

Hope this helps!