Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 15:54

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II IS-BOAG
Stats: 174/155/120 Female 5'2"
BF:34%
Progress: 35%
Default new rules...

Quote:
Originally posted by jeanyyy
I'm kinda curious - why is the SF jello and whipped cream a "mistake"? I haven't tried it yet, but thought it was a legal treat?

i do not have dr atkins book--but i learned from the atkins center website and there the rules of induction are posted "induction 101 part 2", is where you will find the rules on sweeteners.

Treat aspartame (NutraSweet® or Equal®) with caution. Avoid whenever possible. This includes products sweetened with these ingredients, such as diet sodas and diet Jell-O. Instead use sucralose, (Splenda®) or saccharin (Sweet'n Low™).

Use more than three packets of sucralose (Splenda) daily. (More and more products are being made with Splenda so if you use any, don't forget to include those grams in your tally.)

Special Category Foods
To add variety, each day you can also eat 10 to 20 olives, half a small avocado, an ounce of sour cream or three ounces of unsweetened heavy cream , as well as two to three tablespoons of lemon juice or lime juice. But be aware that these foods occasionally slow down weight loss in some people, and may need to be avoided in the first two weeks . If you seem to be losing slowly, moderate your intake of these foods.

Here is the link to the Acceptable Foods for Induction

So 3 ounces of cream sweetened with Splenda or another suitable sweetener is ok. SF Jell-O is only made with aspartame. I make a dessert found on his site called Panna Cotta.

2 Cups Heavy Cream
1 pkg unflavored gelatin
1 vanilla bean
4 Packages Splenda
3 TBSP water
Place water in small dish, sprinkle gelatin over it to dissolve. Slice bean open, place in saucepan with cream. Scald cream, remove from heat. Stir in gelatin and splenda. Put in 6 custard cups and chill 3 hours. Net Carbs=3.5

ally