#14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 14:43

Plan: low-carb Ali style
Stats: 175/167.5/145 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:No idea
Progress: 25%

Hi people.
Well aren't these trials fascinating.
What immediately struck me was how quickly some people failed. This is sooo typically the norm. People try a diet and fail within days. Then start again...fail..the cycle goes on.
Others who are determined, such as the Liverpudlian lady with the dog, have really taken their chosen diet to heart and after just a month have lost a significant amount of weight.
It definitely is all about determination and whether you trully are ready to lose the weight.
I also found it interesting that they chose the individuals diets for them. Later, after the 6 month trial is finished, they will ask other individuals to be part of the trial but they can choose for themselves which diet to follow, based on the evidence of the other section of dieters. Won't it be interesting to see which they choose. I suspect WW and Rosemary Conley will come out on top.
I have tried all 4 diets. Slimfast when I was a teenager, I failed day one. I lived on coffee and cigarettes in those days and wasn't fat at all...the start of my slide into fatdom.
Both WW and RC (which I still go to but only for the exercise class) I was very successful at but I was always hungry.

Atkins I've been doing since last October and now it's just a WOL for me. I'm now back at that teenage weight, maintaining it and I'm never hungry.

Atkins is being concentrated on tomorrow night, so eyes peeled.

Ali