#11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 08:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/196/157 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%
Thumbs up Diet Trials

I am glad that all posters seem to share my opinion that the diet trials programmes are pure class. I am speaking as someone who has previously dedicated a huge number of months of my life to three of them (Conley/WW/Slimfast) and know how soul destroying it is to be doing something to the letter and having such disappointing results. I have been doing Atkins for the past 9 weeks and have already beaten the results of the other three although I stuck to them for more than six months.

I know that the other ones work for other people because I have seen it happen but I also know they didn't work for me. It must all depend on the way that your body deals with food. If this is true then it will be difficult to come up with an answer as to which diet is best as the results will be mixed. I just hope the negative health comments of Atkins are proved to be nonsense as I get a bit of a hard time from my husband who is worried that I might make myself ill. At the moment I can shut him up by comparing how my body and joints must be suffering now compared to if I were thinner. I think that might not work for much longer though.

Anyway, all my thoughts are with the tanker driver on slim fast. My heart just sank when he opened his envelope. The poor man is going to starve! Also, don't you just love the couple who can't stop drinking? I want to spend New Year's Eve at their house!