#15   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-14, 22:54

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
How I WISH there was a "Like" button for posts!!!!! (Can we get one put on??

I totally agree that there are emotional/mental/psychological triggers for certain kinds of eating, especially high glycemic carbs and binge eating (standing at the counter, shoving food in and swallowing barely chewed food...all the while having the inner conflict conversation: "STOP! (No, keep going, who cares!) YOU SHOULDN'T! (Yes, you can eat this if you want! Ohhhh! It's so goooood!) YOU'RE GOING TO WISH YOU HADN'T!"
BUT! more and more, we are seeing (thankfully!!!) cutting edge research supporting the PHYSIOLOGICAL (chemical, physical, hormonal) CAUSES of overeating, specifically, again, those HC foods.
Few people binge on broccoli or roast beef (without the potatoes..) no matter how upset they are.

So, for me, I totally agree that the the thoughts we have (bad memories, negative self-talk, self-pity, self-indulgence) influence our choices everyday- BUT, we should focus on and never underestimate the SCIENCE of food chemistry and the most recent (mainstream?!) data connecting the dance of food (carbs) and body fat acquisition.

Keep it simple! Great advice!
Julie

I don't want to disparage the troubles you (or others) might have had/still have with certain foods, but ... binging on roast beef? Oh yes, I can do that. I have always felt that the best dessert is another helping, or two, of the main course - especially if it is rare roast beef. Roast chicken will do it too. Putting away the leftover roast chicken I can easily eat beyond reason from the carcass, even though I have just enjoyed a full dinner. Broccoli? Well, maybe not. But meat? That is easy, for me.