View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 03:15

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

Would you go over to Dr.Bernstein's webpage and post this info on his forum there as well? I do know for a fact that he does occasionally browse the forum (I've seen him directly answer some questions, but he doesn't do it often). I also know his clinic will take calls for him.
Yes I agree this is probably going to be the treatment of the future, but right now it is just too new. I know Dr.Lee is using me as sort of guinea pig, but that's fine with me. I also know for a fact that he 'practices what he preaches' and stays on the diet himself. He advocates a kind of combination of blood type diet with Schwarzbien, but he also encourages experimentation. I am somewhat of a challange as I am a blood type A and shouldn't do well on a diet of high animal protein especially beef, I am more O-like in that aspect, but I do test negatively for the A-type vegetable 'avoids'. He has tested me over and over and I am good on beef (but not pork). He has also tested me for wheat and I'm ok on that, but if he tests me on wheat and beef combined (ie: hamburger) I test negatively. Kineseology is SO fascinating! BTW he tends to follow Dr.Brimhall's recommendations. He goes to Arizona often for new things, but I also know he's trying to get certified for the Blood Type diet from Dr. D'Adamo.
I agree completely about low-carbing if you are diabetic. Too me it's a sort of 'well duh' thing. Since diabetics (both types) can't handle sugar/starches well it only makes sense to give them up. Why on Earth can't the ADA see that too? Have you seen their latest thing where they are saying that sugar is ok for diabetics as long as it doesn't exceed their limits for the day??!! Good Grief!!