#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 20:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/???/120 Female 5'-4"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default The slippery slope

I should have seen it coming a mile away. I think it all started with the coffee. I was two weeks into Atkins, feeling great with tons of energy and raving to all my friends about how wonderful this diet was. In my supreme confidence I decided that a cup of coffee in the mornings wouldn't really hurt.

A few days later I thought "a couple almonds" won't really hurt (see where this is going?). Then I went out of town at the end of week 3 and the sashimi I ordered arrived as rice covered maki and sushi instead and I didn't send it back. Then on Sunday's drive home there was the Wendy's salad with what turned out to be low fat dressing and I was starving. After that I arrived home and had a tiny sample pack of chips that was lying around for no good reason. After that I started "hearing the call of the doritos" (my biggest weakness).

The only thing I can respect myself for is that after finding myself in the convenience store I picked up two regular sized bags of doritos instead of the giant feedbag sized one that I really wanted.

When I woke up this morning I finally understood just how much eating crap will slow me down. Fortunately I somehow managed to drag myself out of the slump and get back in the game.

This is the price I pay for letting myself get a little too confident that I was "in control"

24 hours post-binge I can feel my energy returning. Won't be doing that again!

-Ashtaroth
Sponsored Links