View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 14:28

Plan: zone
Stats: 140/140/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default cold laser

Ok, just call me *interested* in this subject-- I probably know as much about LLLT and diabetes as any lay person in the USA-- and most health care professionals. In any case, I have some professionally translated (from Russian) research from this center-
http://www.laserlow.com/files/4-2.htm

I believe that Dr. Kovaleva and Dr. Ramdawon were trained by the same place/person, possibly at People's Friendship University Medical School in Moscow (I definitely could be wrong about that). I think that the study that I have was published in a Russian medical journal "Endocrinologie." Or it may have been another one by the same person. It was about the effects of using one cycle of laser therapy, which are enormous--it dramatically affects lipid levels for instance, and also control, medication level, etc. Both doctors (who are not connected to each other at all) say that enough cycles and most people can go off all medication. Their protocols are not exactly the same. Dr. Kovaleva uses a combination of IV laser therapy and the regular kind. It was from this study that I first realized that Type 1 diabetes patients are at high risk for getting insulin resistance as well!!

Where diet comes into this is that Dr. Ramdawon says that a special diet should be followed-- I am sure that it is low carbohydrate or at least low on the glycemic index. I am not sure about Dr. Kovaleva, BUT she says that for people do get off all medication that between cycles of laser therapy, the blood sugars have to remain normal. And, as we all know, for blood sugars to be normal in diabetes, one almost has to follow a low carb plan.

Someone asked if Dr. Bernstein knew about any of this research. I have no idea but I wish someone would tell him. Or any other open minded MD that has diabetes!! We need to get some research going in the USA. Dr. Ramdawon spoke at Laser Florence and WALT. Supposedly some research was going to happen in western Europe but I think they are mired in red tape. Plans for Dr. Kovaleva to do more research in Moscow are also ongoing.

I'm going to try to find out about the diet recommended by Dr. R for his protocol. When I find out I will post in this thread.

And sure I would love to know the frequencies used with the Erchonia laser (was 80 one of them?).

If someone particularly needs the translated Russian study I have it somewhere on my computer and you could email me at BL1204~aol.com