View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-16-03, 07:03

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
what happens if you dont eat veg, yes i know it is bad but i dont eat salads or green veg, so i am getting 15-20 grams of carbs through other product, for instance hot dogs, and meat products

Hi Roch!

I guess that would all depend on what your goal is. If it's just to lose weight, that would work. If you want to lose weight and stay healthy, that's not going to work very well in the long run. It's also going to get very boring after several months of just protein foods.
Dr. Atkins discourages the use of processed meats that contain nitrates and fillers and says to limit their use and encourages intead the use of pure unprocessed meats instead. As for the veggies, you really do need them for the best health. Veggies have fiber which you won't get from meat. They also have nutrients and phytochemicals that are important for good health.
Surely you can find a few veggies that you can at least tolerate. Tastes change when you follow low carb for a while; you might be surprised to find out what you now like that you didn't before; experiment with veggies that you haven't tried before. If all else fails, a nice cheese sauce or lots of butter and other seasonings can do wonders for veggies. Even my kids will eat spinach when I cook it with bacon and add parmesan cheese to it.