Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 22:25
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally posted by Leora99
Thank you so very much, Lisa N! You are so cool! Thanks for being so good to me! I'm so happy when I see your reply to my posts!

Okay, so I have to be patient with myself?

It's just that I get nervous because I'm not used to eating this much "bad" food - what I mean is, food I used to think of as bad? There's still a part of me that thinks if I eat meat and cheese and that sort of thing even in reasonable quantities that I will gain tons of weight.
Love, Leora

Leora-

Lisa is an excellent source of information, isn't she?

I just wanted to address this quote above. I went through the SAME thing. We have been so brainwashed by the whole low fat, low calorie idea that it is so hard to break out of it. I was terrified but excited when I started Atkins. I was sure the scale would go even higher. Then I got scared to go off induction and move onto OWL. I just kept thinking the other shoe would drop. It hasn't so far!

This mentality didn't go away for me until I had lost nearly 20 pounds. Now I trust that it will work, but not at the speed I would sometimes like it to. Once I started really going through all the information, reading the Atkins book, and reading posts by people like Lisa I realized how much sense this whole thing makes. I obviously was not getting enough protein before this-as I would shrink in inches, but not lose weight as I gained needed muscle tissue.

As long as I keep doing what I am supposed to do-I know I will succeed. There hasn't been a week where I haven't lost something. Sometimes it is weight-more often it is inches lost somewhere. I measure several areas of my body-and I can usually find someplace that is a little smaller-even if it is only my wrist.