View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 21:59

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's
Stats: 255/225/160 Female 5 foot  4 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I know how you feel,the reward meals are great, desserts have never been so enjoyable. I struggled for the last few years on a high carb diabetic diet. I could not get my glucose under control. Of course the impression one gets from the Doctors and Nurses is that "Your not trying hard enough, you have to restrict your diet some more", there were times when I was literally in tears because the cravings were so bad
A week after I started on this diet (somewhat against advice) The cravings where gone, the glucose was going steadily down and I was losing weight. Now the Doctor is saying "your doing something right, keep at it.It is quite easy really to stay on this diet compared to all the others I have been on since I was 10.(I really should stop calling it a 'diet' someone remind me that it is 'a way of eating'). One thing to remember, keep taking your measurements. A couple weeks ago I hit a plateau and I have been hovering since But in this last month I have lost an extra two inches off my hips and another inch off my waist.