View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 18:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins plan
Stats: 167/156/130
BF:
Progress: 30%

Thank you so very much, Lisa N! You are so cool! Thanks for being so good to me! I'm so happy when I see your reply to my posts!

Okay, so I have to be patient with myself?

It's just that I get nervous because I'm not used to eating this much "bad" food - what I mean is, food I used to think of as bad? There's still a part of me that thinks if I eat meat and cheese and that sort of thing even in reasonable quantities that I will gain tons of weight.

And it's sort of hard - I mean, I don't really know if I'm eating too much or not? I'm staying a little hungry - but not terribly so.

Because I guess we still have to kind of watch overall calories to a certain extent, even on low-carb, right?

So I'm thinking - okay, if I eat a pound of hamburger a day, and 4 ounces of cheese along with the allowable salad greens and some low-cal lemonade, does that mean I am eating too much? It doesn't seem like a lot, when I eat it. I mean, I am never stuffed and actually often am still a little bit hungry here and there.

But is it too much? Or just right? Or...? I know I will want to add more carbs in a few days when I move into the OWL - I will add more salad greens and maybe some nice treats like steamed asparagus (yum!) and an avocado.....

I think I've been eating in such a "weird" way for so long I don't know what the right way is. I always used to just sort of starve myself (fast) when I wanted to lose weight, and then pig out when I wasn't losing weight. When I was younger, I would only allow myself one meal per day, but at that meal I ate a lot of calories (mostly sugar, sigh).

So you can see why I'm not certain if I'm eating the right amount or not!

Love, Leora