View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 17:35
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Scales suck. They can play havoc with your good spirits. I was bummed out because I came so close to my mini goal of 200 -- was at 200.5 and then in the last couple days I'm back up to 202.

I let this upset me -- even though I've lost 13 lbs in Induction (because I have a LOT to lose). Isn't that stupid. To give the scale enough power to make me feel crummy in spite of weight and inches lost.

Forget the scale. I'm going to rely a lot more on the pantometer and my measuring tape.

Plus I just feel so good and energetic. And my eating habits have improved so much I know my health is really benefitting.

Tricia - I had to laugh at you being upset because you're a 10 while the others who weigh about the same are 8s. The other day I noticed someone around my weight saying she was into a size 12 and I almost fell of my chair -- I'm happy to be comfy in my size 16's now.

Isn't it weird how people carry weight so differently. I look slimmer than my girlfriend even though she's 15 lbs heavier than me and 2 inches shorter. Go figure!

K.