View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 13:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/210/150
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hello All,

I took a drive to Hamilton today to visit a health food store that sells Atkins Bars for about $2.99 each. Since my husband is also on the diet (and losing weight at an amazing rate), he is still eating the bars.

I also visited a large healthfood store (kind of an organic grocery store) and had a conversation with the owner about the Atkins products (she does not sell very many of them). While generally positive about the Atkins approach, she did say that many people metabolize the sweeteners in the bars as though they are carbs and this is why the bars stall some of us out.

She also gave me a lecture about what foods are better low carb inclusions. She claims that black soy beans are better low carb food than the bars and other Atkins products because they are "true" low carb foods with more nutrients in them etc. Her husband who is a type one diabetic, and testing his sugar all the time, finds no sugar rush from the beans, but he does from the bars...

So, looks like no bars for a bit.

I have kept on the induction for about seven weeks now, but it might be time to move into the next phase so that I can enjoy a few berries with my breakfast. Thanks for the good suggestions to improve my breakfast lot.

Bella