#12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 18:55
Registered Member

Plan: Mixed
Stats: 268/199/167
BF:30%/14%/10%
Progress: 68%
Default snacks

As long as the snacks are low carb, you don't need to worry when or how often you eat. Eat what you need until you are satisfied. As long as the food is low carb, you'll stay in the fat burning state. The volume really doesn't matter as long as it's low-carb. In fact, as long as you have something digesting, this is better for you. Digestion burns calories. If you eat foods that burn calories to digest, you keep the 'furnace' lit (so to speak).

Keep in mind that meat proteins are, in fact, the hardest to digest and actually expend the most amount of calories to digest than nearly anything else.

Yes, I know, calories aren't really important numbers here. But, they are important when describing the fat burning process. So, the more calories your body burns, the more consistent the fat burning is.

I snack throughout the day on cheese, homemade jerky and nuts (not all in one day, though). I also don't eat tons, mind you, but just enough to take the edge off until the next meal. For example, with cheese I eat one or two slices. Nuts, a handful or maybe a little more. Jerky, actually, I haven't found any limitation on this. But, jerky is pretty filling so I have to be careful or I won't be able to eat dinner. The snacks have not stopped the fat burning process. Just be careful. You could easily mistake a food that is low-carb for one that is high carb. So, always read the labels.