#15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 11:18
Registered Member

Plan: atkin's
Stats: 120/115/105
BF:
Progress: 33%

I'll agree with all of the above.

I'm on day 12 of induction and yes, we all that the first few days SUCK. So, like many of the previous posters, I just tell myself "okay, 2 weeks. I can do that." And when I get that desire for something I'm not supposed to have, I just remind myself what Dr. A says-- the induction menu is not the way you'll be eating for the rest of your life. Those first two weeks (or however long it ends up lasting for you) are the strictest and most difficult. It will gradually get more liberal and easy and natural.

I am the junk food queen, so here's my advice for avoiding junk food: Don't stay in one place too long. I'm not necessarily talking about exercise (though at some point you ought to pick it up). Just don't stay in one place in the house or wherever for too long. You're in front of the TV, you get a craving for Oreos-- go to the computer. You're at the computer, you want some ice cream-- go upstairs. Just get up and walk away from wherever you are and go somewhere else. And drink a Diet Rite if you have to. Best of luck!