View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 10:38

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Yep, Lisa's right. First things first, you should let us see a typical menu and we may be able to provide suggestions as to why you've slowed.

BUT... I suspect you are doing most everything right and just need to be patient with your body. I had a similar experience. Lost a lot initially and then slowed down dramatically after induction. Your body really needs time to catch up with fat loss and convince itself it's not starving.

As for your suggestions:
1. Keep on doing the same thing?
This is probably the route I'd take.
2. Cut more things out?
Depends on what you mean. If you started eating lots of nuts or sugar alcohols, the answer is yes. If you mean salad, the answer is no.
3. Reduce calorie intake?
At this point, I'd suggest no. Some may disagree, but I find it adequate for your body to take in a good amount of calories on this WOE, so that it is comfortable enough to lose weight. You may want to cut calories at some point, but I think it may be too early to take this measure.
4. Work out?
Working out is always good!!! I would suggest this whether you're dieting or not. Working out is great for you.

Make sure you're drinking plenty of water, taking vitamins, and sticking to the plan and you should do fine.