View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 17:13

Plan: South/Atkins/Ornish/etc.
Stats: 275/260/190 Male 5'10"
BF:lbs&in. first, ok?
Progress: 18%

Prime Rib is my favorite entree at CJ, but it's a dinnertime/weekend thing so I picked something different this time.

The asparagus was grilled, not steamed, and had a delicious flavor. They were a little skimpy on the hollandaise, though, but when I asked for more they brought me a nearly-full ramekin of the stuff! (I've never had cause to fault the service at any of the CJ's I've been to.)

The one time I had broccoli at CJ it was overdone and limp, but that was just once. I typically give any restaurant two chances before panning something there. It's hard to destroy green beans, in my opinion, unless you really set out to try, so that's always a safe bet to order.

I didn't get the creamed spinach, mostly because I don't know if they use any sort of filler in the cream sauce. Many restaurant sauce bases are either really high in sodium or have some sort of starch to thicken them. A surprising amount of backroom sauces are sweetened as well, to keep you coming back. (I use professional chicken, beef and vegetable sauce bases at home because I think they make my sauces and gravies taste better than anything else I can buy, but the sodium count in them is scary.)