View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 14:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/141/125
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Am I doing this right? I am not losing weight anymore...

I have been reading quite a few posts and have come to realize that everyone has different reactions when they include things like aspartame, Splenda, cheese, cream, and caffeine in their diet.

I lost 6 pounds in the first week of induction (I included cheese, cream cheese on celery, and Atkins Endulge bars in the plan, but NO caffeine or aspartame). Then two and a half more weeks passed by and I lost nothing more. So I decided, after reading lots of posts, that perhaps the cheese and the bars may be stalling my weight loss efforts. So I increased my water intake, started running again, and cut out the cheese and Atkins bars altogether.

I have gained 2 pounds back and haven't kicked them for over a week. What's happening with me? Water weight gain? Muscle mass?

Here is my typical diet:
B: 2-3 eggs either fried in 1 tbsp. butter with chopped turkey sausage or 3 eggs in an egg salad

L: 4-6 ounces of either fish or chicken (usually with mayonaise and veggies in a tuna sald or chicken salad style) along with one cup of steamed and buttered broccoli or another acceptable vegetable

D: 4-6 ounces of meat with two cups of salad (spinach and green leaf lettuce with raw broccoli and a few tbsps of raw bell pepper) and olive oil and lemon for dressing or a LC dressing I have that has 13 grams of fat per serving and 2 carbs

Drinking: 80-100+ ounces of water
Exercise: Running 4 miles or doing 40 minutes of cardio in the gym along with 20 minutes of weight training 3-4 days a week

Guys I really want this Atkins plan to work, but I am frustrated at the speed (or lack of speed I should say). Does anyone see problems with my diet?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer me!

Kim
Sponsored Links