#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 12:21

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 203.5/183/135
BF:47%/41%/17%
Progress: 30%
Default Birth Control Pills and LC?

Hi all,

I've been reading along for a while, but rarely post anything. I've been doing Atkins since Jan. 20, along with a pretty serious weight lifting and cardio regimen. I don't know exactly how much I've lost, as I know I'm gaining muscle, but I'm feeling good...so that's what counts!

My question is for any women who are LC-ing and are also taking the birth control pill. I've been taking the pill for many, many years, and never spotted in between periods. Last year, I switched to taking 9 consecutive weeks of pills, instead of just three - again, no problems with spotting. However, since starting the LC WOE, I find that my period comes whenever it wants, regardless of the pills! I can't make it through the normal three weeks without spotting, never mind 9 weeks! And when I say spotting, I really mean that my period just arrives out of nowhere, and sticks around for several days- not just a bit of spotting here and there. Has anyone else had this happen when on a LC WOE? If so, have you found anything that helps this to NOT happen?!

Thanks!
Rachel
Sponsored Links