View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 08:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/189/140
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Oh happy days....

I started this WOE on Dec. 29th of '02. My first 2 weeks of induction went smooth and I lost 8 pounds. Over the following 2 weeks I lost 3 more pounds. Talk about excited...every "diet" I had tried in the past I would lose 5-7 pounds and stall, give up, hate myself, but vow to find another way.
After starting this WOE and actually losing more weight, in a relatively short period of time...eating foods I LOVE, I was SOLD!!!
Now, after my 4th week...I gained around 5-6 pounds back. Still eating induction levels. I "tweaked" my diet several different ways...less calories, more calories, more fat, more protien, more carbs, less carbs...I have been making myself CRAZY!
I posted here last week about getting discouraged, and I cannot express what everyones support and encouragement mean to me.
Okay...so now for MY happy day.
I went to my local health food store on 2 days ago and the owner (former body builder that has been in the business for over 20 years) already knows I am LCing. I told him that I have not only stopped losing weight, I have gained some back.
I told him exactly what I have been eating, my activity levels, etc. He told me that most likely, along with insulin resistant, I may also be metabolically resistant. GREAT...another hurtle.
Any way...he sold me for 1/2 price a bottle of Diet Fuel. Just a 10 day supply, and he wants me to come back in 10 days so we can see if it works. (He also lowered the dosage to 2 caps per meal rather than 3)
WELL...(sorry, I know I am droning on!) I am happy to say that it has helped. In 2 days I have lost 4 pounds. I feel great. I feel more energized. I am ready to kick some butt...and lose mine!!!
One thing I WOULD like to recommend...find a small Mom & Pop health food store where they are knowledgable. Most of the franchises like GNC hire young kids for minimum wage that are clueless. Find one you trust and confide in them what you are doing. They will be willing to help you over the rough spots and they will also cheer you on when you jump those hurtles.

Good luck to all...and thank you for being there for me.