View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 02:41

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

I'll ask my chiropractor/kineselogist about it's action, but somehow I don't think it is necessarily stimulating the pancreas to produce excessive insulin. I know when I was taking Glucotrol (sulfonylurea) within mere days of taking it my weight loss came to a screeching halt. With the laser therapy I've seen no effect upon my ability to lose weight. I know the laser does increase blood flow, similar to magnetic therapy. Perhaps it just makes my pancreas happier in some way. I know I don't get the little 'twingy' feeling in my pancreas any more. But whenever I was getting that I'd found that a few minutes with the cold laser and the pain would be relieved. I also use it on my liver. It still twinges a bit, but not as badly as it did when I first found I was diabetic, so my liver is happier now too. I have also noticed, here lately, that I don't need to laser near as much as I used to. My doctor never would do a fasting insulin test, no matter how much I badgered him, so I don't know for sure that I had excess insulin, I just know now some form of improvement is/has taken place as I can actually tolerate small deviations every now and then much better than I used to. I will sometimes treat myself to some tacos and I don't get as much BG rise after eating them, and I come back to normal much quicker than I used to be able to do. I have also dropped from two diabetes meds to one, and I'm even reducing that. I know I got much better, faster results when I added the laser therapy to my existing diet/exercise regime. *VERY* noticeable results, and now the ability to reduce my medications plus reducing the amount of laser therapy too...*Something's* working right!

I'll post what I find out from my chiropractor/kineseologist when I next go see him...