View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 18:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

WOW! I had no clue I would get so many responses.

It probably would have been good if I stated my reasons for the post and why I started fitday.

I have been eating relitivley the same since I started Atkins June 2002. I did induction and then added a few extra carbs until keotosis stopped then went down a little until it felt right. Weight loss was good for the first 6 -7 months. I have lost 41 lbs so far, but the past 2 months I have only lost a half a pound only to gain it back plus a few more. I am always giving advice on here based on what I read in DANDR, web sites and this forum. Sometimes my advice (sorry guys) was just on my own experience and may have been absolutely no help. (In fact, I have seen some negitive responses to my post, but that is ok ). So, I realized that either I am in a natural stall (I was at the weight I am now for a few years before I packed on that last 40) or maybe I was unaware that extra carbs or calories had crept up on me with out me realizing it.

So, I decided to do fitday since I had read many post where users were raving about it. I realized quickly my carb intake was fine which I thought it was before doing fitday. Then I got to thinking about the calorie thing that I see so many people talk about.

So, before upping or downing my calories, I wanted to see where this 10-12 times theory came from. Was it experience (like I sometimes throw in my meager 2 cents) or was it documented fact by the good ol' doctor A or another source? Not that it matters where it came from, but before adjusting anything, I wanted to feel like I was doing so based on a sound fact or advice.

Now I do remember that the last time I did WW and they had their point system, the heavier you were the more points you could consume. If they got their information from the same source, than it would be logical that the 10-12 times theory is based on your current weight and that it would go down as you lose. But this theory would also rely on me being a logical person which my ex will tell you in a heartbeat that I am not!

So guys, I know still there is not a solid exact answer, and if you got it, please give. I am really really really and truely happy with all of the responses. It is giving me something to think about.

Now for the lazy thing... I probably should instead of obsessing if I am consuming too many or not enough calories (yesterday I had 1538) I should move this big butt more and get some exercise. Oh no... did I just start another debate?

Again everyone, thanks for the replies and any more info is appreciated! You all are GREAT!