View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 14:59
Registered Member

Plan: general low carbs/atkins/
Stats: 167/152/139 Female 5'8''
BF:I'm/fat/again
Progress: 54%

Whoa, little did i realize what some venting and stressing on my part was going to bring about. I was just so disguisted with my self and my behavior toward food, and how i felt like this like almost everything else, was going to be something i would leave half-assed and not finish.

But something magical happened. I posted my anguish, and then i got a reply. i got two replies, i got a TON of replies and realized, even though I feel as though I am a crackhead when it comes to sugar cravings...there is a way around it, obviously bc look at all these people that are here, WITH ME, and fighting the good fight.

So i had a bit of an attitude change. Instead, of jonsing for crap, I became inventive and started eating without limitation and boundary. I went out to the store, and bought every wholesome low carb/carb-less ingredient mentioned here or i could think of and went to work.

I never really understood the whole LIFE STYLE concept before, until i hit rock bottom and realize sugar and carbs are not worth it, and they arent even that good given the aggrigate good of the sum of the situation. A banana split might be real good in the moment but the MOMENT i put down the spoon it SUCKS until i about 5 days later when all the carbs have left my system, and i've deblaoted, and done beating myself up.

Going to the store and making (from SCRATCH) my own low carb Chocolate peanut butter cups IS GOOD. by the way, i posted the recipe in the sweet treats section.

plus i cut down on beating myself up at the gym too. i only go 3-4 times a week now, 6 times a week was killing me. i was exhausted, (my job is to be on my feet and running around as it is) tired, and just plain worn out. Now...my stomach side fat is shrinking, and i'm working on my next delic low carb treat to put in my fridge. (i've decided to make one DELIC low carb treat a week and have a lil 3-4 times a week, last week i made a low carb choc cheese cake and had a tiny bit 3 times last week)!!! Now i'm BING FREE for 8 days now!

Thank you all again for the support, sorry for the long letter, but i had to get it all out. Even those of you who took the TOUGH LOVE route, i understand what your saying. But i've gotten to this point, and i'm sure as hell not giving up now, when i can TASTE success in my mouth, i can smell it....

Love

Jenn