View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 14:38

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Teuthis, I found your post to be somewhat offensive. Jenn posted for help and support, including statements such as, "I just want the strength to stay on this road and succeed." To return with comments such as, "Have fun gorging yourself to death" and "I think you are in self denial and blaming everything but yourself for it" saddens me. In fact, I think her courage to post her problem to the world shows the opposite of "obviously not wanting to commit to losing weight."

I think you mean well, but she was not coming here for tough love. She received lots of good advice and support so far. That she should blame herself for weight struggles and sugar temptations is a terrible thing to imply.

A lot of us on this forum have struggled with addictions, including Jenn's sugar addiction, and have had lapses in will power. It does not mean we are persons unworthy of health that should feel guilty having cravings. Luckily, most of us have found solace in LC as it takes away some of those issues.

Anyway, I personally hope Jenn succeeds. It does take a lot to find that strength to really go for it and I don't think a person is weak for having trouble getting started.

In fact, I wish you all success!