#7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 14:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/250/160
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Balderdash!

Since when, on any diet, of any kind, does eating less food, fewer calories create weight gain? Since when does eating more create weight loss? If you eat less, you lose weight. If you eat more, you eventually gain weight; even on Atkins.

How someone thinks they are going to lose any weight eating 2500 calories a day is beyond me. There is so much apocrophral nonsense associated with low carb dieting that it would be hilarious if it were not so serious. If you want to lose weight, eat less. Atkins lets us eat comfortably, making the assumption that we will gradually eat less as we go. It is clearly stated in the book. I fear many people propagate the higher calorie idea as an excuse to eat more.

The one problem that all of us have is that we have been eating too much, and too much of the wrong foods; thus we became fat. The only way to reverse that, is to eat less than we need.

I eat right now, less that half of the food volume I ate on the high carb diet. And I've lost over 50 pounds. I have plans to reduce my food volume by another 25 percent as I get further along. If you do not do this, you cannot succeed in the long term.

Good Luck!