#17   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 13:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/250/160
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Where lies the problem?

I looked at this post several times before I was willing to comment on it. But I just have to tell you..

The problem is not with the Atkins diet, or any other diet. The problem is with you. You obviously do not really want to commit to losing weight. Until you do, no one and no diet can help you. So with your present attitude, you might as well just hide all your mirrors, buy some larger size clothes and have fun gorging yourself to death. Because that is certainly where you are headed if you don't decide that your health and appearance mean more to you than stuffing something into your mouth. With all respect, I think you are in self denial and blaming everything but yourself for it.

The bottom line of dieting is very simple; on any diet. You have to eat less; and you must eat the proper foods for your metabolism. I guess I have to be the one to tell you this. But you probably shouldn't even think any more about all those lush foods you are slavering over. I'm in the same boat as you, exept that I am committed to just avoiding them forever, if that's what it takes.

Get off your butt and commit. Believe me when I tell you.. If I can do it, you can do it. And I'm doing it!

Good Luck!!!