View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 11:13
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Well, I am sorry to tell you that this is NOT a healthy diet. While you may maintain or even lose weight on this, it will be short term. You are not getting enough fat, calories or nutrients to achieve health. A healthy body is one that is balanced and that will maintain a healthy weight all on its own....in time. You are only managing to damage your metabolism at this point and any future attempts to eat normally will result in weight gain.

My advice to you is to go back to Atkins (or any other good LC plan) and stick to it as written.....yes, even if you stall, and even if you gain weight. It is quite common to have periods where you gain weight as your body goes through a healing process... your weight loss might stall, but your body is building muscle and increasing bone mass. You may even retain water as your body begins to detoxify.

If Atkins writing isn't enough to convince you that you NEED calories AND FAT, I suggest you pick up Protein Power and Schwarzbein Principle. Keep reading and educate yourself thoroughly!!

In the meantime, add good fats and vegetables to your diet....starting today!!