View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 10:37

Plan: IF/Low carb
Stats: 219/201/172 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

I think the point to refeeds is to plan them and regular intervals, as opposed to wait for the urge to hit. For me the urge will never hit since I don't seem to get hungry or have cravings much anymore. The journal entry about Hot Tomales has me thinking about my next refeed though.

Based on my experience with refeeds, if you decide to binge on anything and everything for a day once every couple months, its a no brainer - go ahead and the 3 pounds you gained plus a bit will melt away over the following 5 days. Its one way to shake up a stall. Of course, if it causes you to abandon your low-carb diet, then its a pretty bad idea.

Wanda, its interesting that you are aware of your calories and can speak in terms of them. I know my carbs, but I don't have a clue about my calories. Some days I eat more than other days. In many ways I have stopped believing in calories because carb calories so different than protein, fat or fiber calories. And they behave differently in combination. In many ways, the calorie concept is too simplistic. I absolutely believe a calorie is not a calorie. I like to snack at work, it used to be chocolate bars. Now I eat many calories of pecans every day, and result is a loose weight and it makes me incredibly regular. The result I hoped for, having picked pecans because of all their high fiber and since I like them.