View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 04:51

Plan: Zone
Stats: 151/144/135 Female 5'9"
BF:19
Progress: 44%
Default thank you!

Thank you for that helpful clarification ZoneCoach!

I use to be better at this when I first started the Zone a yr ago. I need to re-read some pages in the books I have.

Tell me if I am right: (Please )

1. If I have a 3 oz protein, ie: chicken, I count this as 3 P Blocks, and 1.5 F Blocks, having to add ONLY 1.5 F blocks and 3 C to put it in the Zone.

2. If I have a fat, ie: Cheese, I should count the protein and fat, but do not count the protein in peanut butter, just the fat. Nuts I should count 70% of the protein and count all of the fat.

3. If I have a carb from veggie, ie: spinach, Do not count the protein, only the carbs. But if I chose to have "plant source," beans, nuts, etc. Count 70% of the protein and all of the carb.

Quote:
If you're interested in getting more precise, you can ~ (you gotta have a mini calculator going on in your head all of the time )

I kind of like that aspect of it. I am majoring in Math Education, so it's fun for me. I took a quiz on line that I found once and it was to find out which diet was right for me. Out of Atkins, Suzanne Somers, Zone and a few others, the Zone was it!

I just LOVE this support forum, that's what truely makes it easy. So thanks, to everyone!