View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 04:10

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 292/249/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default I've been there.

At the very end of 1997, I weighed 300 pounds and went through the same thing; the boyfriend I'd been seeing for seven years decided to call it quits. It hurt so bad that I wanted to die; the only reason I didn't is because I couldn't bear to take a knife to my wrists and I didn't have any cyanide handy. It took a long time to get over it (about four years, actually; I don't heal inside very quickly). It taught me a few hard lessons about life and love, the biggest one being that if I don't love myself, no amount of loving from another person will make me feel better nor solve any of my problems.

Low-carbing has been my savior; if I hadn't discovered it a year ago, I would still be at 264 and steadily making my unhappy way back to 300 pounds where nothing in my life was right.

Stay with the low-carb plan; it is the light at the end of that very long, dark tunnel. I'm in my second year of doing Atkins; it's a long journey with some missteps, but SO worth the effort. The closer I get to my goal, the better I feel. Every step made is one more step closer...the steps do add up; you just gotta keep with it.

Regards,

-- Nicky