#12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 17:15
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Teri:

Nat's been pretty quiet on the homefront. I too thought she'd have good advise b/c I'd read her other posts about her hypo. But she's ended her journal. I could PM her, but I don't want to bother her. She must get swamped.

As for Schwarzbein, does she talk about Leptin in her new book? I should pull out her old book and go through it again.

George:
Quote:
You really need to go beyond maintenance for a refeed and not worry about gaining a couple pounds.

Well, my last legal binge was 3200 calories, so that's a given. The only difference is that I wouldn't refeed consistently. I know when this urge hits so I could just go straight into a refeed when necessary. What do you think about that?

Quote:
You could refeed with any high carb food: potatoes, rice, bread, corn, pop corn, pie, cake, breakfast cereal, apples, pears, bananas, fruit juice, raisins, pop corn...

My goal is more trying to figure out what my body wants. I can't fight the fact that it wants food. It's just what kind of food I should give it. If I'm going to gain weight from it, I may as well make sure that I gained it for a good reason. Maybe the next time this hits (hopefully not for another 2 more months ), I'll try high carb foods like fruit, popcorn and brown rice for one day.

You know, as I type this I'm thinking "who am I kidding"? OK, I need to rethink all of this. George, if I do this, I'd do it on those more healthy high carb foods. Boy, all of a sudden, it seems like a monumental decision. But part of me (the experimenter) is fascinated by it. OTOH, it could do a lot of damage to all my hard work. I have lots to think about.

As for the calorie staggering, I don't think it's much of an option for me since my calories are so low to start out with. Maintenance levels are around 1500 and 8.5xbody weight would put me at 1,045 calories on average as it is. I just thought the calorie staggering part was kind of a neat concept for others who may be having difficulty breaking a plateau.

Wanda