View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 16:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/257/150
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hi Frederick, thanks for not taking offense!

Your explanation makes alot of sense to me, and it seems you are not a "carb addict" in the traditional sense of the term. But you definitely were eating alot of carbs if someone were to add them up! One thing that struck me while reading your post is that you tended toward "convenience foods" alot of the time. Ditto here before my LC days! One major thing that helped me before I started Atkins was to eat mostly whole foods. (In other words - minimally processed foods.) I stuck to meats, veggies, fruits and only tiny amounts of whole grains. I felt fantastic while eating that way. But my weight loss was too slow, so I ended up going lowcarb. Once I reach my goal weight, I intend to go back to eating that way for the most part. My body really seemed to hum when I stuck to that! Maybe you could do a combination of whole foods/lowcarb? I don't know what kinds of lowcarb foods you eat now, but if you are eating alot of processed stuff, it might slow you down and make you feel sluggish. On the other hand, you mentioned being bored with eating the same stuff everyday, and if you stick to whole foods, there are only so many of them! So that will have to be your call.

Also exercise! I don't know if you are exercising much, but I can identify with what you said about a sedentary lifestyle. I used to be so active, but over the past several years I have turned into a slug. LOL So I'm trying to improve that little by little and increase my daily activity level. If you aren't already, you might consider doing some weight training and/or cardio activity, to up your metabolism a bit!

I don't know if this has helped any, but I hope you can keep "tweaking" the lowcarb lifestyle until it makes you feel healthy and strong! I do believe this WOL works, but everyone is different and may need some extra adjustment to get where they want to be. Good luck!